OSX Series - Apple Mac Wireless Trackpad Insanity Solved

Ok, so my wireless trackpad is kind of like my sword, shield and helmet, if i happened to be a Roman Legionary soldier.  I think that makes it clear, it must work well, or life is not good. 

I use ZOOM all the time with my BOSE QC 35...  the best headphones I have used yet...

However... I noticed that when i am using the BOSE with bluetooth on my 2019 MBP, along with wireless keyboard and trackpad, the trackpad performance was terrible.   Accuracy of movement and clicks was hit and miss, mostly miss.   What is going on?  I used this for months without issue, then suddenly I have problems.  It turns out there was a simple fix...

"I am still on Catalina 10.15.7, here was my fix:"

  • Open "System Preferences"
  • Click on "General", look near the bottom and ...
    • unclick "Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices"

This immediately improved my trackpad performance.

Now I keep this disabled during ZOOM calls, and re enable it as required when I want to use Handoff.

I would suggest you also avoid using VOIP applications over 2.4 GHz on your home/office wifi while also using bluetooth keyboard, trackpad and headset.  I had similar issues in the past before Handoff became a thing. Switching to 5 GHz fixed those problems as well.


How did I find this out? A google search found this blog entry from Michael Kummer's web site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID Issues Using AirWave or NetEDIT with Chrome

PowerPoint VBA Series - How to loop through each PPTX's Slide Master(s) and it's related Layouts